1.0 Information on admission into government, private aided and unaided polytechnics institutions and polytechnics run in engineering colleges for the academic year 2015 – 2016.
1.1 The application submitted for POLYCET-2015 itself is an application for admission under both local and non-local categories. Hence the candidates are advised to fill the POLYCET-2015 applications form carefully. (No separate application is prescribed for admission.)
1.2 The results of POLYCET-2015 are likely to be available with the Principals of all Polytechnics bend of May-2015. Candidates can ascertain their rank from any Polytechnic located in the district from where the candidate has appeared for POLYCET-2015 or through website of SBTET (http://sbtetap.gov.in). The list of Polytechnics/Institutions and the course offered together will intake in each of these courses is given in Annexure – III.
1.3 Securing rank at POLYCET-2015 does not entitle any right for the candidate to be considered for admission unless he/she satisfies all other conditions prescribed for the purpose.
1.4 Call letters to attend the admission camp will not be sent.
1.5 Hall Ticket of POLYCET-2015 is to be preserved and produced at the time of Admissions.
1.6 The detailed program of admission will be notified in the leading newspapers, after the declaration of the results. Program of Admission will also be available in all the Polytechnics. Candidates a advised to watch for the same. Admission Notification itself is to be treated as a call letter.
2.0 Allotment of Seats:
For the purpose of admissions, institutions offering diploma programmes are classified into region institutions, state-wide institutions.
2.1 85% of the available seats in each regional institution [Government / Aided Polytechnic/ Institution shall be filled by candidates belonging to the respective University area of the three University areas namely (1) Andhra University Area, (2) Sri Venkateswara University Area. The remain in 15% unreserved seats shall be made available to Local candidates of both A.P. & T.S. and nom local candidates in A.P. & T.S. depending upon their ranking at POLYCET-2015. However, candidate who wish to opt 15% unreserved seats in AP from Telangana state, those candidates shall appear POLYCET 2015 conducted by Andhra Pradesh.
2.2 85% of the seats in each State-wide institution/course shall be filled by Candidates belonging to The three University areas namely (1) Andhra University Area, (2) Osmania University Area and (3) Sri Venkateswara University Area in the ratio of 42:36:22 respectively and the balance 15 seats as unreserved.
2.3 Admissions into Private, unaided, Minority Polytechnics are subject to issue of Government Orders
2.4 Candidates may note that those admitted in the following State Wide Institutions are eligible for Multi-Point Entry and Credit System (MPEC).
- Govt. Institute of Printing Technology, Secunderabad.
- Govt. Institute of Leather Technology, Hyderabad.
- Govt. Institute of Ceramic Technology, Gudur, Nellore Dist.
- Govt. Institute of Textile Technology, Guntur.
- Govt. Institute of Electronics, Secunderabad.
Candidates who qualified in POLYCET-2015 and have passed 10 +2, 10+ ITI, 10+ Intermediate (Vocational) or 3-year Degree Courses in Sciences are eligible for Multi Point Entry and Create System (MPEC). Such of these candidates shall get certain credits for certain subjects by mear of exemption, as decided by an expert committee, as they have already studied in 10+ 2, 10 ITI, 10+ Intermediate (Vocational) and 3-Year Degree Course in Sciences, as the case may be,
b opting for extra credits, a student can finish the Diploma earlier than the stipulated period.
2.5 Hostel accommodation is not guaranteed in any Institution.
3.0 Reservation of Seats:
3.1 Reservation of seats in favour of SC/ST/BC (A, B, C, D,E) Candidates shall be made in non Minority institutions as per the following percentages. OPEN COMPETITION-50%, SC-15 %, ST-6%, BC-29% (BC ‘A’ – 7%, BC ‘B’ – 10%, BC C 1%, BC ‘D’-7 % ,BC E-4%) The list of various communities of SC/ST/BC approved Government of Andhra Pradesh is given in Annexure-IV.
3.2 For Residential Polytechnics at Madanapalle, Rajahmundry(Andhra Pradesh), Gazwel and Karimnagar (Telangana)(for girls), the reservations are:
S.C.-75% S.T.-05% B.C- 10% O.C. -10%
All the seats are reserved for BOYS ONLY Except Karimnagar.
3.3 For Residential Polytechnics at Paderu, Srisailam(A.P.State) and Bhadrachalam (Telangana) the Reservation are:
S.C.-18% S.T.-75% B.C- 0.5% O.C. -0.2%
All the seats are reserved for BOYS ONLY
3.4 For Government Minority Polytechnics at Kurnool, Guntur (A.P.State) and Badangpet (women) (Telangana) all the seats are reserved for minority candidates.
Candidates claiming to be considered under Minority Community should submit Xerox Copy of school leaving certificate issued by concerned Head of Institution to that effect at the time of counseling or submit Transfer Certificate proof containing the religion column.
3.5 33.33% of total seats in all non-minority Co-Educational institutions are reserved for girl candidates in each reservation category. If sufficient numbers of candidates are not available to fill the seats reserved for girls, they will be offered to the boys of the same category.
3.6 Reservation for Anglo Indians: Two (2) seats are reserved in polytechnics in favour of the Candidates belonging to the Anglo Indian community from the academic year 1994-95 onwards. vide G.O.Ms. No. 173 Edn (TE-1) Dept. dated 15-6-1994. Candidates claiming reservation in Anglo Indian Community shall produce a community certificate issued by Revenue official notbelow the rank of Deputy Tahsildar of their place of residence.
3.7 Reservation of seats for NCC, Sports and Games, Physically Challenged (Handicapped) and Children of Armed Personnel
Horizontal reservation in each of the reservation category Open/SC/ST/BC to the extent of percentages mentioned is applicable
- NCC (National Cadet Corps) :Reservation to the extent of 1% shall be available for candidates of this category. The priority for consideration will be as per GO.Ms.No.21 HE (TE-1) Dept., Dt. 13-05-2002[Refer Annexure VIII].
- SPORTS:Reservation to the extent of 0.5% (%) shall be available for candidates of this category. Certificates issued by various organizations constituted by Central / State Government to conduct the event will alone be considered under this category. The participation in games and Sports before the qualifying Examinations will only be considered. The priority under this Category will be fixed as per the rules in vogue at the time of admissions. [Refer Annexure VIII].
- Physically Handicapped (PH):Reservation to the extent of 3% for Physically Handicapped 1% for Visually Handicaped, 1% for hearing impaired, and 1% forOrthopedically Handicapped shall be available as per G.O.Ms.No.130, Higher Education (TEI) Department, Dated: 06 09 2000. However candidates with defects like Muscular dystrophy, Deaf and Dum, Blindness and mentally retardation are not eligible for admission.[Refer Annexure VIII].
- Children of Armed Personnel (CAP):Reservation to the extent of 2% of the seats shall be available for the children of ex servicemen and defence personnel including Border Security Force and Central Reserve Police [Refer Annexure VIII]. Subject to the condition that
- Candidates whose parents are domicile of Andhra Pradesh will alone be considered as per the judgment of the Hon’ble High Court of Andhra Pradesh in W.P.NO.17095, 17950,17952,19150 and others of 2006
- The candidate shall also submit a certificate from the Director, Sainik Welfare Board / Zella Saini Welfare Board as to their eligibility to be considered under this quota specifying the category to which the applicant belongs with attested copies of the documentary evidence for claim as given in Annexure – IX
- The decision of A.P. Sainik Board or its nominee is final and binding on the Candidates in this regard.
The order of priority and merit under this category is governed by G.O.Ms.No.192, Edn.(EC-2) Dept., dated 26-8-94 and as amended by G.O.Ms.No.370, Edn.(EC-2) Dept., dated 18-10-1994 (See Annexure-IX). If there is more than one eligible candidate in a particular priority in any of the above four special reservation categories, the selection shall be based on the merit rank at POLYCET 2015.
Inter conversion of seats among the special reservation categories is not applicable. If sufficient numbers of candidates are available to fill the seats reserved for special reservation category, they shall be filled with candidates of general pool of that reservation category.
4.0 Mode of seats filling
4.1 All candidates all eligible to compete for Open competition (OC) seats and they will be filled First followed by the seats earmarked for reservation categories. However, the seats vacated by the BC/SC/ST candidates in OC category shall be filled by the respective category candidates as per G.O.Ms.No.550 Higher Education (EC-2) dept. dated 30-07-2001.
4.2 If sufficient numbers of candidates are not available to fill seats reserved for Scheduled Tribe, They may be filled by suitable candidates from Scheduled Caste and Vice-versa. If the Required numbers of candidates are not available from both categories, the unfilled seats shall be added to general pool of the local area. “Konda Kapus’ and ‘Konda Reddy’ resident in the Scheduled tribes
4.3 The Scheduled Tribes/Scheduled Castes/Backward Class candidates seeking admission shall Produce Community Certificate in the prescribed Proforma as given in Annexure – V
4.4 The candidates claiming them as SC/ST/BC candidates who do not produce necessary certificates in the prescribed form or produce certificates in improper form will not be considered as SC/ST/BC candidates (as the case may be).
4.5 The caste claims of BC/SC/ST candidates are subject to verification and report by Commissioner Of Backward Classes Welfare / Director of Social Welfare / Director of Tribal Welfare respectively. The admission of the candidates is provisional till the genuineness of the claim of BC / SC / ST candidates is certified by the above said respective authorities.
4.6 If sufficient number of candidates of any particular group of Backward Classes namely, A,B,C,& D, are not available to fill up seats reserved for that group, they may be filled by conversion to other BC groups as per rules in vogue in the order of merit of POLYCET-2015.
4.7 If no suitable candidate is available in any of the five groups of the Backward Class then the seat May be filled up from the general pool of the same local area.
5.1 Admission Programme:
Admission will be made based on options exercised by candidate. Details of the web based allotment programme would be indicated on our website http://apceep.nic.in and also notified in the leading newspapers soon after the declaration of results of POLYCET 2015.
The detailed programme with the ranks of the candidates called on each day for counseling will be published in daily Newspapers in English Telugu / Urdu having wide publicity to enable the No separate call letters will be sent to the candidates for attending the counseling. The admission programme will also be displayed at the admission camp and in all Polytechnic. Admission notification issued in the press is to be treated as call letter.
5.2 Web counseling process for admission in to Polytechnics
- Soon after the declaration of results of SSC and POLYCET-2015, detailed notification will be published in daily newspapers inviting the students to attend for certificate verification and option entry.
- The details of web based counseling and venues for certificate verification and option entry will be made available in web site https://appolycet.nic.in
- Candidates called on each day for counseling shall attend with all original certificates and documents for verification at any one of the designated venues.
Candidate shall check the details such as local area, reservation/special reservation category; sex printed on the receipt of certificates and gets them corrected by the verification officer immediately.
- Candidates will be familiarized with the web counseling procedure and the relevant information with regard to the seats available and college codes will be given.
- Candidates have to prepare a set of all possible college-course combinations (called OPTIONS) they wish to join in consultation with their parents, teachers, and friends in the manual option form supplied.
- The order of options so prepared is to be entered in the web by login through a generated password. Candidates shall enter as many number of options as possible they wish to join to avoid disappointment of not getting a seat.
- A print out of the options so entered shall be kept as record for reference.
- Options recorded on the last day of the counseling will be frozen and will be taken for processing of allotments.
- Allotment of seats will be based on a computer program considering the merit of the candidate in all possible reservation categories of a candidate and the best possible seats among the eligible options will be allotted.
- Candidates shall download the allotment order and challan for payment of fee through any branch of the designated banks.
- Candidates shall report at the allotted college along with the allotment order and fee paid challan within the prescribed time.
- Candidates who fail to turn up for the counseling on the Notified date and time, not reporting in time at the allotted college or not paying the fee through challan will have no claim on the admission into polytechnics.
- Calling for counseling does not guarantee a seat, as more number of candidates than the seats available, will be called for..
- The Convenor is fully empowered to disqualify a candidate seeking admission if Admission Officer is not satisfied with the documents produced by the Candidate. The decision of Convenor is final in matters of granting seat / rejecting seat to a candidate called for counseling.
- The candidate shall attend the counseling at their own cost and if necessary, they may have tostay a day more at the station of Admission Camp as advised by the Admission Officer.
- The selection of ST/SC/BC/CAP/PH/NCC/SPORTS candidates is subject to the clearance to be given by the respective departments during the counseling. Convener is not responsible for the delay in clearance in respect of doubtful caste cases